The following site is This We Know (http://www.thisweknow.org/) –
and from the website:
What’s This We Know?
Our mission is to present the information the U.S. government collects about every community. By publishing this data in an easy to understand and consistent manner, we seek to empower citizens to act on what’s known.
What can you do with this? Enter your city or town and find out information like this:
- There are 40 Factories (within 7 mi.) tweet this
- 474,523 pounds of 37 Pollutants were released (within 7 mi.) tweet this
- 36 Officials reported on 40 Factories (within 7 mi.) tweet this
- 6 Violent Crimes occured or 0.0 per 1000 people (in this town) tweet this
- Demographics: 85,199 people were Hispanic, 146,958 were African American, 44,345 were Asian, 320,699 were White, 283,548 were Male, and 305,593 were Female (in this town)
- 32,062 people are Unemployed, while 333,369 have jobs (in this county) tweet this
- There are 77,209 Home Owners and 162,319 Renters (in this town) tweet this
- 52% of people Relocated in the past 15 years (in this town) tweet this
- 5 Bills have been introduced about this location by 5 Members of Congress since 1993 tweet this
Tip: Click on any of the highlighted items above to explore the underlying data.
Sources: 2005 Toxics Release Inventory • 2007 Crime in the United States • US Census 2000 • Local Area Unemployment Statistics • GovTrack
- It is a cool site and you can find out what areas have things like the least and most toxins, lowest and highest unemployment, and most cancer.