We are pretty into ice cream around here. Any season, any occasion, so when it’s National Ice Cream Day, well, we do have to dial it up a bit. We* made homemade vanilla ice cream and had some extended family over to share in the joy.
Of course the usual toppings were present: sprinkles (rainbow and chocolate), chocolate and caramel sauce, mini marshmallows, crushed walnuts and whipped cream. And as an extra special topping we had some gorgeous chocolate covered strawberries from Shari’s Berries.
The berries were plump and delicious and had the perfect chocolate to berry ratio (I care about these things). These berries would be fantastic to send as a gift, or just to surprise your family with a treat, and were a fantastic addition to our ice cream celebration.
*By we, I mean my kids made the ice cream. I was exhausted from running around blogging events in NYC. Yes, look for upcoming posts about Blogger Bash and Getting Gorgeous and great finds I stumbled on.
I was not compensated for this post but did receive some gorgeous Shari’s Berries to review. All opinions are, and always will be, my own.
It seems as if this week is chock a block with blogging related events and while I do love to get out and meet fellow bloggers, it can be overwhelming to have a super scheduled week. Need ways to keep it together? Yes, me too, that’s why I’m writing this – I need the reminders.
1. Load up that calendar on your phone with the dates, times and locations of the events and the links to the tickets in the notes section. Build in plenty of travel time, you’ll be glad you did.
2. Traveling with a few events to go to? Try on planned outfits ahead of time and try to pack early and light! Nothing like finding out you are missing a button or the shirt you were planning on wearing is ripped. Comfy shoes! Seriously! You will be on your feet non-stop.
3. Download apps like Uber and Lyft to get you where you need to be. In the city? Or grab a metro card and try public transportation – it’s the fastest way to get around.
4. Have plenty of business cards – if you can write on them all the better. You think you will remember but there’s a lot going on. Take notes.
5. Bring your smile and look forward to getting to meet other bloggers and company representatives, and that means looking up from your phone now and then.
As wordless as I’m ever going to be. Pics today, words tomorrow. A huge thank you to these hard-working individuals of Blogger Bash NYC – Charlene DeLoach, Joey Fortman, Laurie Schacht, Stephanie Glover, Ali Mierzejewski and Marissa DiBartolo.
Even though I know that I should always use sunscreen (because my derm told me so), sometimes I forget (shh, don’t tell) but so you won’t forget, here’s a little something to keep you covered.
A box of sample size sunscreen tubes (the perfect size for your handbag, diaper bag, first aid kit, the glove compartment or doesn’t your car have stuff crammed in it like mine?
Also, five soft stretchy elastic hair ties (they won’t leave a bump in your hair) and a Coolibar Sunhat.
Okay, I love Coolibar products and I got this white wide-brimmed sunhat is from Getting Gorgeous 2013 in New York City but decided to share it as a giveaway (I got a lot of stuff at Getting Gorgeous, people! Just sharing the wealth).
So, you know what to do, see the Rafflecopter below?
There are three ways to enter to win:
Leave a comment and answer the pressing question: Do you wear sunscreen everyday?
The samples and ties are from Krauss Dermatology – I kicked in the sunhat because it goes so well with the giveaway and it’s just sitting in my office anyway because I usually just wear a baseball cap (so not fancy).