Yes, it’s true – car rides with your family can start out like the opera and quickly switch up to a bouncy dance tune. Sometimes you are up for it and sometimes not so much.
How do you manage long car rides? Pack entertaining and distracting things (some of us can read in the car, some cannot).I found this great Kid Kit which I wish I had when my kids were younger -back in the day I made my own and it was not this adorable, engaging and easy to pack up. So smart!
No surprise, here, I make sure to have plenty of snacks on hand. I tend to favor salty snacks on the road but make sure to balance them out with fresh fruit, trail mix and something sweet. I tend to over pack but it works for us! Pack a small collapsible cooler with a cold pack and drinks, water is a must – drink it, clean up small spills, faces and hands, too.
1. Crackers -Saltines, Graham, Goldfish, pretzels – good for queasy tummies.
2. Fruit and veggies – cut-up, whole, dried.
3. Something sweet – cookies, power bars, mini candies (mints or gum).
4. Lunch if it is a long ride – pack up sandwiches and label with names (you’ll be happy you did).
5. Juice boxes, milk boxes (if you are feeling brave. Personally, never again after one incredible spill that soaked child and car seat).
I also pack napkins or paper towels and a few plastic bags for trash. Wipes and hand sanitizer, books, music, and a change of clothes (for everyone) if they are young. First aid kit,drawing or coloring stuff, car games, pillows, blankets, raincoats, sweaters and sometimes extra shoes. How do I fit it all in my car? It does take a while for me to pack up…
How do you travel? Light? Over-prepared?
Content and/or other value provided by our partner, Kia Motors. This is a sponsored post through Social Chorus for KIA Motors. All ideas, opinions and rants are, as always, my own. Content and/or other value provided by our partner, Kia Motors